Director Selection 2017
Thank you for your interest in applying to be a Camp PALS director for summer 2017! The director application is now live!
The application is available through CampInTouch here. After you complete your volunteer application you will receive directions via email about how complete the director application process and form.
Director applications are due Tuesday, November 1 by 5pm EST. Former directors must re-apply every year. Interviews for potential directors will take place on a rolling basis through Friday, November 11.
- Directors MUST be available to attend the entirety of their camp. Since camp dates are not yet set, if you have a concern about timing you can specify this on your director application.
- Mandatory Director Retreat Weekends: There will be two mandatory retreats. The first is schedule for January 6-8, 2017. The second will be scheduled for a weekend in April based on availability.
- Directors should plan to commit between 5-15 hours per week (beginning January - start of camp). The majority of work involves frequent email communication, spreadsheets, conference calls and other behind-the-scene details.
- As leaders in the PALS community, directors are expected to act in a way that is consistent with PALS values at all times, even when not at a PALS event. Directors are expected to enthusiastically support and represent PALS during the entirety of their role, in particular, during their camp.
- Directors will serve on a team of 2 or 3. Each director will assume specific director roles while serving on this team. The roles are as follows:
- Counselors (recruit, interview and select volunteers, maintain volunteer forms, coordinate counselor travel, oversee counselors during camp)
- Campers (fill all camper spots, communicate with parents, maintain camper forms, distribute information to campers prior to camp, manage camper issues and health)
- Programming (coordinate with university to plan meals, housing and meeting spaces, oversee all on-campus programming and off-campus trips, as well as staying on budget)
2017 Camp Locations
Locations are not yet finalized for 2017. In the leadership application you can submit location preferences, and teams will be assigned based on the final locations determined in November. Below is a list of locations that are being considered for 2017.
- Chicago, IL
- Cleveland, OH
- Columbus, OH
- Georgetown, DC
- New Jersey
- New York
- Philadelphia, PA
- Poconos, PA
- San Francisco, CA
For more specific details about the Director Role, you can glance over a previous Director Guide here.
Other Leadership Opportunities: Looking for other leadership opportunities? Consider serving as a Campus Ambassador and contact email@example.com.
Questions? Email the Executive Director, Jenni, at firstname.lastname@example.org