PALS Adventure Leaders
PALS Adventure Leaders work for 12 weeks to create and build incredible PALS Adventure weekend experiences throughout the Fall, Winter, and Spring.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply now, login to CampInTouch, click on “Forms & Documents” and select the “Leadership Application”.
Leader applications are due Friday, August 24 by 5pm EST. Former leaders must re-apply every year. Interviews for potential leaders will take place at the end of August and decisions will be made in September.
Adventure leader Requirements
- All applicants must have participated in at least one PALS Program (Camp PALS, PALS Adventures).
- Leaders MUST be available to attend the entirety of their Adventure. The complete Adventure schedule will be released in August to all applicants before decisions are made.
- Leader Retreat: There will be one leadership retreat in the Fall. This date will be released in August to all applicants so they can confirm their schedules.
- The Leader Role has two 6 week sprints. The first 6 weeks is dedicated solely to fundraising and recruiting for the Adventure. The second 6 weeks (leading up to the Adventure) involves all programming preparation, the identification and pairing of campers and counselors, and all communication.
- Leaders should plan to commit between 3-5 hours per week for the first 6 weeks, and 5-10 hours per week for the second sprint. The majority of work involves frequent email communication, spreadsheets, conference calls and other behind-the-scene details.
- Leaders must be willing to commit the time required for this role and may not serve in any other leadership role at PALS during these 12 weeks.
- Leaders will serve on teams, coordinating communication to Campers and Counselors, pairings, programming, and budget details.
2018-19 adventure schedule
The 2018-19 Adventure Schedule will be released in August.