Camp PALS Directors
Camp PALS Directors work year-round to create and build incredible Camp PALS experiences each summer in locations across the country. The Camp PALS Director is the highest volunteer position in the PALS organization. Directors are the face of Camp and representation of our values to each and every Camp and Counselor who attends their program.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply now, login to CampInTouch, click on “Forms & Documents” and select the “Leadership Application”.
Director applications are due Friday, August 24 by 5pm EST. Former directors must re-apply every year. Interviews for potential directors will take place at the end of August and decisions will be made in September.
- All applicants must have participated in at least two PALS initiatives (Camp PALS, PALS Adventures, PALS Ambassador).
- Directors MUST be available to attend the entirety of their camp. Since camp dates are not yet set, if you have a concern about timing you can specify this on your director application.
- Mandatory Director Retreat: There will be one mandatory retreat in January. This date will be released in August to all Director applicants so they can confirm their schedules.
- Directors should plan to commit 3-5 hours in the months of September - December to complete recruitment, fundraising, and outreach goals as a team.
- Directors should plan to commit between 5-15 hours per week from January - start of Camp to design and coordinate programming, and to recruit and select all Campers and Counselors. The majority of work involves frequent email communication, spreadsheets, conference calls and other behind-the-scene details.
- Directors must be willing to commit the time required for this role and may not serve in any other leadership role at PALS.
- As leaders in the PALS community, directors are expected to act in a way that is consistent with PALS values at all times, even when not at a PALS event. Directors are expected to enthusiastically support and represent PALS during the entirety of their role, in particular, during their camp.
- Directors will serve on teams, focusing either on Personnel (recruit, interview and select Campers and Counselors, manage forms and communications) or Programming (coordinate all on-campus and off-campus programming details, manage budget)
2019 Camp Locations
Locations are not yet finalized for 2019. In the leadership application you can submit location preferences based on 2018 Camp PALS locations, and teams will be assigned based on the final locations determined.