Over the years, one of the ideas that has come up again and again is to hire a full-time Executive Director to look after day to day operations, act as the organization’s main spokesperson, oversee directors of our (growing list of) programs, and plan for PALS’ long term future. Time and time again, when this idea has come up, we’ve all agreed that it would only make sense to have such a role if we could find the perfect person for the job. Well, I’m very excited to announce that we’ve found that person.
It’s with great excitement that I announce that, starting next month, Jenni Newbury will officially take the helm of PALS as its first Executive Director. As co-founder of PALS and director of Camp PALS East for the past 9 years, Jenni has demonstrated year-round dedication and has been instrumental to the success of PALS programming. In addition to her successes at PALS, she graduated from Princeton University, was the keynote speaker at the 2011 National Down Syndrome Conference and has worked for over 2 years at the Special Olympics headquarters in DC. She also is a wonderful sister and friend to Jason Newbury. There is simply no one more perfect for the role!
- Working with the Executive Board to approve and support all program proposals
- Managing a master database of all campers/participants and counselors/mentors
- Communicating with all parent/guardians around processes regarding financial aid, tuition and health
- Meeting with program directors to review budget, programming, and conduct program evaluation
- Working to secure cross-program opportunities for fundraising, discounts, donations and partnerships
- Writing and submitting grants to continue to build the PALS infrastructure
- Being present at programs to provide support, insight, and feedback to directors
We couldn’t be more excited for Jenni to take on this role. Her presence will empower PALS to improve and grow like never before, bringing new experiences, independent living, and lasting friendships to young adults with Down Syndrome and their peers across the country.
Please help me to congratulate Jenni in her new role by emailing her at email@example.com.
Jason on behalf of the Executive Board